Popular Posts

Monday, August 29, 2016

Funny how one song changes everything

The other day while listening to the 90's country on Pandora the song 'is there life out there' by Reba came on. My friend that was here says "this song always gets to me and i end up crying and in i start thinking about the what ifs" as I looked at my friend I tried to imagine being in her shoes.
There are many choices that she could have made that would have made her life easier. We can all say that right? But i really found myself not able to sympathise with her. I felt empathy of course but i couldnt imagine feeling that way.
I am exactly where i wanted to be in my life. I have God, my husband and my 2 beautiful kids. We have always had a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. My husband works hard everyday while i raise our kids. There are choices i may have mad differently but i have never got emotional over the what if? Or really wondered about it.
This has got me thinking though about what else I want in life. And my mind has been running ragged about having another baby. I want to so dearly. And always have. But i know fincially it doesnt make sense with what our healthcare industry in America had become.
So now. I can sympathize with my friend as I wonder about what name we would name the new baby, Harley is a favorite, or how awesome of a big sister Hadley would be.
Logically, I know what makes sense. But my heart if fighting me. All i have ever wanted to be was a mom. Just like my momma. Stay home and raise my babies. That's what I have. So with humble and greatful heart I will keep praying and talking to my husband and God about what out future holds. Pray with me if you please!

No comments:

Post a Comment