Popular Posts

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Baptism 8/30/2015

Sunday, after church services Hayden tells me "mommy,mommy i was saved!" i love it and he says it everytime they do it. The boy is always ready to renew his love for Jesus.
The next part is what was different. "I want to be baptised momma"
So of course I think that is great. But i need to know he fully understands what that means. He tells me " it means that i would not be new on the inside. I would be clean and full of love in my heart for Jesus" I'll take that. So off we walked to go sign up.
After confusing and being lost we are almost to the table to sign up. And Hayden is so excited and happy. Buy then he says "mommy when were you baptized?" i clinch my face as i admit i never had been.
You see going to a baptist church and being told horrible scary things made me warry about it. I love the idea and the reasoning and I always want to but the memories always got to me. No, i did not tell Hayden that. We keep walking and he says "momma you should do it with me"
Something in his voice and in his sweet smile made a instant response happen. I say "you know what bubba, im gonna do it with you!"
He is estatic. Sister immediately became distraught as she ask to join us. But she is too little. I remind her she has Jesus in her heart and soon she will old enough and maybe GiGi or even daddy may join her. She accepted that but she wasnt leaving my side At all.
So my son goes first. He comes up from the water with the biggest smile and is full of pure happiness. And is all to eager to help mommy climb in for her turn. (broken foot makes climbing in a tank interesting sight to say the least)
The pastor ask me "do you have Jesus i. Your heart"  i say "yes" he ask a frw more questions that become a blur as I stare at the two faces of my beautiful children infront of me, watching me make this comittment and visual display of my faith and love for Jesus. They dunk me and i feel the warmth in the cold water.
That day my life changed. I shared a moment with my son that I will never forgot. I am so eager to watch his faith and love grow as he grows. The boy loves him some Jesus and I'm right there with him. 💛💙💜💚👣🙏☝🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment